AIM
m0nkeyv

Bartender's Prayer Bartender's Prayer

Awesome

I really like it, and I don't even listen to rap.
I'd just suggest working on your singing, especially tone. It sounds a little unprofessional right now.

sonicExplorer responds:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely work on my tone

Inspiration (WIP) Inspiration (WIP)

I like it

I think you should continue. It's got charm.

livewiresound13 responds:

Thanks. :)

Florida hates its residents Florida hates its residents

Leave me alone

Interesting.

I Don't Mind I Don't Mind

Mmmmm nice

I like it. It's got very pleasant melody and a good beat; and now that I've listened to it a few times, that is a perfect title for it. Also it loops well.
The best thing about it is that it feel like it actually has emotion, which sadly there's not a whole ton of in the Audio Portal (or music in general).
Nicely done.

Naerbu responds:

Thanks for the review MonkeyV!

Never off My Mind [unfinished] Never off My Mind [unfinished]

Nice

Some fun stuff you have here. Just totally carefree and awesome.

Kinda reminds me of "Intermission" by Tool.

Castle Lord Castle Lord

Pretty badass

Heavy and melodic. Pretty proggy and awesome.

Tetris Steroids (Techno Remix) Tetris Steroids (Techno Remix)

Interesting

I liked the shift on the notes. Sounded very different from the original Tetris theme, but still recognizable.
It was enjoyable to listen to once through, but I think it's a bit too noisy to be something I'd want to download.

Good job, keep it up, etc.

that's my strudel that's my strudel

It's okay

I can tell you put effort into it, because it's not repetitive as shit like everything else in the audio portal.
But, it kinda seems to lack any solid direction. There aren't any parts that really stand out from the rest.

NeverHundred responds:

Maybe the reason nothing stands out is because every part is just equally awesome. But.... Imay be a bit bias, I did make it after all.

I did work on this, carefully writing and composing. Actually trying to work with what I know about music. I wanted to create a simple but eclectic piece of music. And i think I managed to achieve both of those goals.

I think having only the limited midi programs I have I feel I need to focus more on the compositional aspect of the music. I know you didn't mention anything about it in your review, but i think a lot of people think, "Midi? Lolwut, nobody like midis!" But I think that just because the technology is a bit dated does not mean it can't still be used to make good music. I actually prefer this sound of synthisizer, and the original midi version before it was changed into an MP3 sounded a lot more like it was from the early eighties or nineties. I like that sound.

Maybe I should have classified it as game music.

Starsynth (unfinished) Starsynth (unfinished)

Nice

Let's see...
I like the beat and I like the melody you have going throughout most of it. I could just kick back and relax with that going on.
I didn't really like that second synth you brought in, though. It's too... rigid. Maybe if you were to turn the volume down on it a bit and and some more reverb, it would work better for me.

Overall pretty good.

Crashride responds:

thanks for the criticism it helps

Metal1 - Zhuriel VS cowdog2 Metal1 - Zhuriel VS cowdog2

Woot

Zhuriel:
Awesome sounds you got there. I love the whole bending thing, and the flickering thing. Overall it's got a sound similar to some Muse songs. Pretty nice. Pretty raw and dark sounding. Not a bad solo at all, also, even though it's not scorching fast. Very glad to be working with you in the Prog collab (=

cowdog2:
It's a bit too quiet. Though, I guess that could be the fault of the person who made the backing track, or the person who mixed it. Just a few of the notes seemed a little bit... off target. But other than that, it's all really good. It was real melodic and the sweeping was really nice.

Both awesome, but I think I gotta give my vote to cowdog2. Whatever that counts for.

thecoreman responds:

Thanks for voting and supporting dude. Appreciated, and counted for the final vote.